PLEASE READ POST BELOWWith heavy rain and severe gales with speeds in excess of 50 mph forecast for North Yorkshire on Sunday 9th February, acting on guidance from Motorsport UK and Forestry England the organisers of the Riponian Rally have reluctantly taken the decision, on the grounds of safety, to cancel the event.
Where winds are in excess of 47mph Forestry England closes the forest to public access. The organisers felt that they would be putting the safety of Spectators, Competitors and Marshals at risk if they ignored this guidance.
The organisers are looking for a suitable alternative date. In the meantime they would like to thank everybody involved in all pre-event organisation as well as all competitors who have supported the event by entering.